Fees and Cancellations: A deposit of $ 200 per camper will be required for application processing; a non-refundable fee of $150 is included in that amount. Balance is to be paid in full by May 1st, 2014. Cancellation after May 15th will forfeit all fees. The all-inclusive Registration Fee includes: all camp activities, one camp t-shirt, trips, and canteen. Families of non-URJ Congregations will be assessed a surcharge of $75 per camper week (included in camper fees). For non-URJ families with multiple campers, the maximum surcharge amount is $300. NSF checks will incur an additional $25 administrative handling fee.
Priority Enrollment: Camper applications will be accepted on the following basis:
- Until November 10th, 2013: Returning camper families & URJ Congregation Member applications accepted.
- Beginning November 11th, 2013: New camper applications from families not affiliated with a URJ Congregation.
Applications will be processed in the order they are received on a space-availability basis.
Insurance: The family health insurance is the primary payer. A copy of the insurance card must be on-file in the Camp office. For non-negligent accident occurrences, the Camp’s insurance will cover all costs above and beyond those reimbursements made by the family’s insurance plan, up to a maximum of $2,500. All non-accident health care requirements which are not Camp-related will be at the parent’s or guardian’s own expense. A copy of the insurance settlement must be submitted with all claims for reimbursement.
Forms: Prior to Camp, camper health & info forms will be available for download on-line. These forms must be completed and on-file in the Camp office by April 1st, 2014. For the health form, a physical exam is required within twelve months of the camper’s arrival at Camp.
Vaccination Policy:The URJ Camping system considers camp safety and public health as matters of utmost importance. The vaccination of all members of the camp community ranks as a key component in maintaining a safe environment and in decreasing the risk of transmission of contagious illness. Accordingly, the URJ Camping system requires that any member of the camp community in residence receive up-to-date, age-appropriate immunizations. The complete list of required immunizations and exemptions can be found on the Health History Form.
Agreement & Medical Authorization:
1. I understand that my child’s acceptance into Camp is not official until written confirmation is received from the Camp office.
2. It is mutually understood that the URJ Camp Kalsman accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any camper’s property. I take full responsibility for my child’s property. The Camp requests that no communication devices (pagers, cell phones) be brought to camp and recommends that no audio equipment (iPods), computer games, or other valuables be brought to Camp.
3. I agree to respect and observe the rules and regulations of the Camp, which have been developed for the benefit of the campers. If my child needs to be sent home for disciplinary reasons, I understand that the entire Camp fee is forfeited.
4. I agree that a camper may not come late to, leave early from, or leave for any period during the Camp session, without the expressed written permission of the Camp Director or Assistant Director.
5. Camp Kalsman and the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) have my permission to use any recording or other depiction of (whether by sound, video, photography or other means) or testimonials by (written or verbal) my child or any family member for the purpose of promoting the URJ Camps, the URJ and its programs.
6. I hereby give my permission for my child to leave Camp grounds to participate in camp programs.
7. In case of surgical or medical emergency, I herby give permission to the Camp Director and/or his representative to authorize the administration of health care services to my child by a physician or other professional health care provider (paramedic, hospital personnel, nurse, etc.) I also give my permission to the physicians elected by the Camp Director to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and to order injections, anesthesia, or surgery for my child. Every effort will be made by the Camp to immediately contact parent(s)/guardian(s) in the event of an emergency.
I have read the Terms of Enrollment and agree to the terms set forth therein.