Oct. 10, 2013
This is an out of cabin position.
- Experience and training commensurate with planning and leading programming for young children.
- Interest in child development a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff and parents.
- Willingness to work as part of a team to provide appropriate activities and care for young children.
- Willingness to blow bubbles on a regular basis.
- Prior experience working with young children (2 years - 7 years) a must.
- Planning, scheduling, and implementation of Kalsman Katan day programs and occasional evening activities.
- Responsible for creating a daily program for children of summer staff and summer faculty.
- Work with department heads, program director, and education director on scheduling and facilitating regular programming utilizing various areas of camp.
- Lead programming for Katan participants in various activity areas on camp as needed.
- When available, help with regular camp programming and participate in all camp activities.
- Communicate with parents about the activities and needs of their children.
- Coordinate with the Education Director and visiting faculty prior to the start of camp.
- Serve as a role model for staff, campers, and participating children at all times.
Supervisor: Education Director