Eva L. Gunther Head Songleader
Oct. 10, 2013
- Training and experience commensurate with needs of Music / Songleading
activities. Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
to teach Jewish concepts to camp community.
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to
maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
to work well with Visiting Faculty.
of and ability to lead daily and Shabbat T'filah.
to mentor other songleaders.
creativity and energy, good organizational skills, Jewish literacy and
with facilitating Music Programming
a role in all aspects of camp life, actively seeking to bring Judaism to life.
- Serve as the Eva L. Gunther Head Songleader
- Shape and elevate the camp's music program.
- Ensure that Jewish music, and the teaching and participation of musical
activities is a vibrant part of the camp culture, from the beginning of the day
until the end.
- Supervise and schedule music staff in the leading of opening breakfast, song
sessions, services, and siyum each day.
- Work with supervisor, department head, and Education director on integrating
Jewish Education into each activity.
- When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs,
incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
- Be available for cabin activities as requested by counselors.
- Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
- Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your
- When time permits, participate in other Camp programming as is practical.
Specialists should be with assigned units when they do not have direct
programming responsibilities -- especially at meals, song sessions, services,
and evening programs. Sitting with cabins and interacting with
chanichim is a must.
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as
role-model for safety with chanichim.
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required
This position may be out of cabin.
Supervisor: Performing Arts Supervisor