Art Room Supervisor
Oct. 14, 2011
- Training and experience commensurate with needs Arts & Crafts activities
(painting, drawing, clay, etc + general arts & crafts).
- Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to
maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
- Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of
presentation to chanichim.
- Ability to teach Jewish concepts to camp community.
- Ability to work well with and supervise Specialists.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Experience working with youth in both formal and informal settings.
- Prior camping experience.
- Energetic, creative, organized and good people skills.
- Prior experience with leading art activities.
- Supervise the art staff in leading and coordinating activities for all age
groups. Maintain daily record of activity lesson plan.
- Work with Unit Heads to schedule art staff for chugim and any additional
unit programs. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Coordinate all activities of the area and elevate all aspects of the Arts
& Crafts program at camp.
- Maintain all standards for the activity area - ACA, Snohomish County, etc.
- When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs,
incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
- Whenever possible, incorporate staff members in program planning and
leadership. Prepare requisitions in timely manner. Ensure that all site &
supply arrangements are made.
- Prepare cabin activities to be led by a member of Art Staff
- Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
- Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your
- When time permits, participate in other Camp program
- Play an active role in helping to shape the vision for Jewish education at
- Whether as a leader, supervisor, a mentor, a participants, or perhaps all
four at once; play a role in all aspects of camp life, actively seeking to bring
Judaism to life.
Supervisor: Director of Programs