Hiking & Trips Supervisor
Oct. 14, 2011
- Training and experience commensurate with needs of Hiking and overnight trip activities.
Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
- Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of presentation to chanichim.
- Ability to teach Jewish concepts to camp community.
- Ability to work well with and supervise Specialists.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Experience working with youth in both formal and informal settings.
- Prior camping experience.
- Energetic, creative, organized and good people skills.
- Wilderness First Aid certification. Prior experience with trips and/or outdoor education.
- Supervise the hiking & trip staff in leading and coordinating activities for all age groups. Maintain daily record of activity lesson plan.
- Coordinate and plan details for on and off-site trip.
- Coordinate all activities of the area and elevate all aspects of the hiking & trip program at camp.
- Maintain all standards for the activity area - ACA, Snohomish County, etc.
- When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs, incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
- Whenever possible, incorporate staff members in program planning and leadership. Prepare requisitions in timely manner. Ensure that all site & supply arrangements are made.
- Prepare cabin activities to be led by a member of hiking & trip staff
- Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
- Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your specialty.
- When time permits, participate in other Camp programs
- Play an active role in helping to shape the vision for Jewish education at camp.
- Whether as a leader, supervisor, a mentor, a participants, or perhaps all four at once; play a role in all aspects of camp life, actively seeking to bring Judaism to life.
Supervisor: Chavaya Department Head
Apply now for this position.