Oct. 14, 2011
- Training and experience commensurate with Teva and Trips activities
(overnight trips, outdoor education, animal program, garden program).
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to
maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
- Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of
presentation to chanichim.
- Ability to teach Jewish concepts to camp community.
- Ability to work well with and supervise Specialists.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Experience working with youth in both formal and informal settings.
- Prior camping experience.
- Energetic, creative, organized and good people skills.
- Wilderness First Aid certification preferred. Prior experience with trips
and/or outdoor education a must.
- Supervise the trips/teva staff in leading and coordinating activities for
all age groups. Maintain daily record of activity lesson plan.
- Coordinate, plan, and prepare all on and off camp trips.
- Develop and implement programs to help "green" the camp.
- Work with the gardener and maintenance staff on designing, implementing, and
maintaining the camp garden.
- Coordinate all activities of the area and elevate all aspects of the Trips
and Teva programs at camp.
- Maintain all standards for the activity area - ACA, Snohomish County, etc.
- When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs,
incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
- Whenever possible, incorporate staff members in program planning and
leadership. Prepare requisitions in timely manner. Ensure that all site &
supply arrangements are made.
- Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
- Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your
- When time permits, participate in other Camp program
- Play an active role in helping to shape the vision for Jewish education at
- Whether as a leader, supervisor, a mentor, a participants, or perhaps all
four at once; play a role in all aspects of camp life, actively seeking to bring
Judaism to life.
Supervisor: Director of Programs