Feb. 17, 2010
- Training and experience commensurate with needs of Israeli dance, dance, and
drama activities. Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of
presentation to chanichim.
- Knowledge of Israeli dancing a must.
- Responsible for leading all camp Israeli Dancing each Shabbat.
- Lead and coordinate dance activities all age groups. Maintain daily record
of activity lesson plan.
- Work with supervisor,
department head, and Education director on intergrating Jewish Education into
- When assigned, plan and
lead age-appropriate unit evening programs, incorporating your area(s) of
- Be available for cabin
activities as requested by counselors.
- Prepare and lead Shabbat
- Act as general resource
for other Camp activities relating to your specialty.
- When time permits,
participate in other Camp programming as is practical.Specialists should be with
assigned units when they do not have direct programming responsibilities --
especially at meals, song sessions, services, and evening programs. Sitting with
cabins and interacting with chanichim is a must.
- Exercise good judgment
and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with
- Attend in-camp training
sessions and staff meetings as required.
This position is
Supervisor: Performing Arts Supervisor