Feb. 17, 2010
* Experience in nature/outdoors education programs and/or gardening. Teaching or group leading experience in that activity area desired.
* Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
* Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of presentation to chanichim.
* Lead and coordinate activities for all age groups. Maintain daily record of activity lesson plan. Take responsibility for incorporating education theme into your daily activities.
* Work with Teva Supervisor and Overnight staff on incorporating nature education into hikes and overnights.
* Identify and implement age specific, and camp wide, programs for greening the camp/program.
* Communicate and work with maintenance staff to develop and care for camp's garden. Develop programming to involve campers in the garden throughout the summer.
* When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs, incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
* Be available for cabin activities as scheduled by supervisors.
* Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
* Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your specialty.
* When time permits, participate in other Camp program
Supervisor: Teva Supervisor / Chavaya* Department Head