Feb. 17, 2010
- Training and experience commensurate with needs of hiking/overnights.
Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of
presentation to chanichim.
- First Aid certified / Wilderness First Aid preferred
- Lead and coordinate hiking/trips programming for all age groups.
Maintain daily record of activity lesson plan.
- Work with supervisor, department head, and Education director on
intergrating Jewish Education into each activity.
- When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs,
incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
- Provide appropriate and engaging music program for our campers from morning
to night (including opening the morning, song sessions, services, siyum, and
- Be available for cabin activities as requested by counselors.
- Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
- Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your
- When time permits, participate in other Camp programming as is
practical.Specialists should be with assigned units when they do not have direct
programming responsibilities -- especially at meals, song sessions, services,
and evening programs.Sitting with cabins and interacting with
chanichim is a must.
- Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as
role-model for safety with chanichim.
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
This is an in cabin position.
Supervisor: Trips/Teva Supervisor