Director of Programs
Sep. 22, 2010
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in Camp setting.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to
maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Familiarity with the camp schedule and various activity areas of camp.
- Must be self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision. Must
have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel.
- Must have previous camp supervisory experience.
- Serve as member of Camp’s Leadership Team. Attend meetings. Participate in
formulation and implementation of policy.
- Responsible for coordination and scheduling of all program activities
- Responsible for coordination and planning of all camp programming.
- Supervise the area supervisors, ensuring that each program area of camp is
running efficiently and continually striving for improvment.
- Assist in logistical planning, preparation, and implementation (when
necessary) of area based evening programs.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that supply requests
are completed correctly and in a timely manner. May at times be
responsible for helping to purchase necessary supplies.
- Incorporate area supervisors in schedule planning and leadership. Prepare
requisitions in timely manner. Ensure that all site & supply arrangements
- Act as role model for all staff. Be a ”counselor’s counselor”,
assisting staff with problems and questions.
- Serve as a advocate of and resource to each of the program areas of
- Work with the Education Director to ensure that all camp programming is
infused with Jewish values and teaching opportunities.
Supervisor: Camp Director