· Prior experience with ropes and/or outdoor education. Wilderness First Aid certification.
· Strong background and experience in Jewish camping and/or related fields
· Informal Jewish Education experience required
· Desire and ability to work with children and young adults in a camp setting
· Well-versed in Jewish culture with access to educational resources and topics
· Must have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel
· Ability and willingness to teach Jewish concepts and values in camp community
· Ability to communicate with, relate to, and serve as an example to all campers and staff
· Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for safety and security of campers
· Ability to give and receive guidance, constructive feedback, and support
· Minimum age requirement: College graduate or equivalent
· Communicate with the Director, Assistant Director and Education Director at URJ Camp Kalsman on a regular basis
· Come to at least one Education Programming / Supervisor team meeting at URJ Camp Kalsman
· Collaborate with Director of Education to create and develop curriculum for Judaic programming through chavaya at camp – curriculum should be finalized prior to arrival at camp, allowing for minor tweaks if needed
· Be a positive Jewish role model for the entire camp community
· Help build on the development and implementation of an integrated Jewish educational program in the art department.
· Coordination of the educational program within parameters set by the Director of Education
· Implement a curriculum of relevant, fun, engaging, age appropriate, and educational programs for campers in grades 2 through 12, according to the outline laid out by the Director of Education with Chavaya supervisors and specialists to help guide them in integrating and incorporating Jewish content into their activity areas
· Directly supervise the Trips/Hiking, Teva, and Ropes supervisors.
· Maintain all standards for the activity area - ACA, Snohomish County, etc.
· Oversee a staff of outdoor and adventure specialists.
· Directly responsible for the cleanliness and care of each of the Chavaya Department areas – includes pre and post camp inventory
Leadership Staff Responsibilities:
· Attend daily meetings and perform various other administrative responsibilities such as complete staff evaluations, order supplies, etc.
· Able and willing to work with a variety of staff members in a calm, collected manner at all times
· Participate in pre-camp staff orientation and any on-going staff development programs throughout the summer
· Take part in creating and leading staff development opportunities both during Staff Orientation and throughout the summer.
· Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all camp programs
· Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
· Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all Judaic programming, including Shabbat programming
Designated Supervisor: Program Director