Sep. 22, 2010
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in Camp setting.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Must be self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision. Must have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel.
- Must be 21+. College graduate (or 4+ years out of high school) preferred.
- Prior work with High Schoolers and / or Leadership Development is necessary.
- Directly responsible for planning, preparation, and implementation of the Machon/Staff in Training program in conjunction with the Assistant Director and Director.
- Directly responsible for planning, preparation, and implementation of all evening programs for assigned unit; serve as the creative force for unit programs, assign counselors to program teams, and work closely with specialists and counselors planning programs for your unit.
- Directly responsible for communicating programming and expectations to the general staff.
- Whenever possible, incorporate staff members in program planning and leadership. Prepare requisitions in timely manner. Ensure that all site & supply arrangements are made.
- Coordinate activities of Machon program and their staff: activities, staff days off.
- Plan and coordinate an offsite experience for the Machon group.
- Act as role model for staff and Machonikim. Be a ”counselor’s counselor”, assisting staff and Machonikim with problems and questions.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of unit staff members and Machonikim following the set guidelines.
- Create a sense of community within the Machonikim group
- Serve as next step after counselors in discipline “chain-of-command.”
- Become directly involved with all Machonikim and their staff. Ongoing problems are of particular concern. Communicate with the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director on key matters. Will be called upon to communicate directly with parents.
- Work with the Education Director on the unit's education programming and play a role in its facilitation.
Pre Summer Responsibilities:
- Attend at least one leadership team weekend at URJ Camp Kalsman to begin training and preparation for Summer 2014
Leadership Staff Responsibilities:
· Attend daily meetings and perform various other administrative responsibilities such as complete staff evaluations, order supplies, etc.
· Able and willing to work with a variety of staff members in a calm, collected manner at all times
· Participate in pre-camp staff orientation and any on-going staff development programs throughout the summer
· Take part in creating and leading staff development opportunities both during Staff Orientation and throughout the summer.
· Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all camp programs
· Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
· Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all Judaic programming, including Shabbat programming
Supervisor: Assistant Director