Sep. 22, 2010
- Strong background and experience in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in Camp setting.
- Ability to creatively plan & schedule programs and activities, and to
maximize the skills & talents of staff members.
- Ability to give & take constructive criticism.
- Must be self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision. Must
have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel.
- Age Requirement: Must be at least 21
- Directly responsible for planning, preparation, and implementation of all
evening programs for assigned unit; serve as the creative force for unit
programs, assign counselors to program teams, and work closely with specialists
and counselors planning programs for your unit.
- Directly responsible for consistently having unit’s program supply
requisitions turned in on time.
- Whenever possible, incorporate unit staff members in program planning and
leadership. Prepare requisitions in timely manner. Ensure that all site &
supply arrangements are made.
- Coordinate activities of cabins in the unit: cabin activities, staff days
- Act as role model for unit staff. Be a” counselor’s counselor”, assisting
unit staff with problems and questions.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of unit staff members, following the set
- Run unit staff meetings.
- Serve as next step after counselors in discipline “chain-of-command.”
- Become directly involved with all chanichim and staff in unit. Ongoing
chanichim and staff problems are of particular concern. Communicate with the
Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director on key matters. Will be called upon to
communicate directly with parents.
- Work with the Education Director on the unit's education programming and
play a role in its facilitation.
Pre Summer Responsibilities:
- Attend at least one leadership team weekend at URJ Camp Kalsman to begin
training and preparation for Summer 2014
• Attend daily meetings and
perform various other administrative responsibilities such as complete staff
evaluations, order supplies, etc.
• Directly responsible for the cleanliness
and care of all area equipment and program areas – includes pre and post camp
• Able and willing to work with a variety of staff members in a
calm, collected manner at all times
• Participate in pre-camp staff
orientation and any on-going staff development programs throughout the summer
• Take part in creating and leading staff development opportunities both
during Staff Orientation and throughout the summer.
• Participate regularly
and enthusiastically in all camp programs
• Responsible for the health,
safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
• Participate regularly
and enthusiastically in all Judaic programming, including Shabbat programming
Unit Heads will be hired for a single unit for the entire summer. Please
apply for the unit with which you would like to work. The positions available
Coogarim/Goorim/Nitzotzot Unit Head (2nd-5th
Nemerim/Kochavim/Chalutzim Unit Head (4th-6th Grade)
Unit Head (7th-8th Grade)
Kesher Unit Head (9th-11th
Supervisor: Assistant Director