Sep. 22, 2010
· Strong background and experience in Jewish camping and/or related fields
· Informal Jewish Education experience required
· Desire and ability to work with children and young adults in a camp setting
· Well-versed in Jewish culture with access to educational resources and topics
· Well-versed in different art medium
· Must have leadership skills, ability to motivate, manage, and counsel
· Ability and willingness to teach Jewish concepts and values in camp community
· Ability to communicate with, relate to, and serve as an example to all campers and staff
· Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for safety and security of campers
· Ability to give and receive guidance, constructive feedback, and support
· Minimum age requirement: College graduate or equivalent
· Communicate with the Director, Assistant Director and Education Director at URJ Camp Kalsman on a regular basis
· Come to at least one Education Programming / Supervisor team meeting at URJ Camp Kalsman
· Collaborate with Director of Education to create and develop curriculum for Judaic programming through art at camp – curriculum should be finalized prior to arrival at camp, allowing for minor tweaks if needed
· Be a positive Jewish role model for the entire camp community
· Help build on the development and implementation of an integrated Jewish educational program in the art department.
· Coordination of the educational program within parameters set by the Director of Education
· Implement a curriculum of relevant, fun, engaging, age appropriate, and educational programs for campers in grades 2 through 12, according to the outline laid out by the Director of Education with art specialists to help guide them in integrating and incorporating Jewish content into their activity areas
· Directly Supervise the Art Room, Cultural, and Music Supervisor positions.
· Oversee a staff of visual and performing art specialists.
· Directly responsible for the cleanliness and care of each of the Art Department areas – includes pre and post camp inventory
Leadership Staff Responsibilities:
· Attend daily meetings and perform various other administrative responsibilities such as complete staff evaluations, order supplies, etc.
· Able and willing to work with a variety of staff members in a calm, collected manner at all times
· Participate in pre-camp staff orientation and any on-going staff development programs throughout the summer
· Take part in creating and leading staff development opportunities both during Staff Orientation and throughout the summer.
· Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all camp programs
· Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
· Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all Judaic programming, including Shabbat programming
Designated Supervisor: Program Director
Apply now for this position.