Female Bunk Counselors
Feb. 26, 2009
- Skill and ability in working with children. Ability to communicate with,
relate to, and serve as an example.
- Ability to serve as an adult role model -- surrogate parent -- for all
- Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for the lives of
chanichim. Common sense, safety-consciousness, and high moral character
- Ability to accept guidance and support. Willingness and ability to ask for
- Ability to assist in teaching activities.
- Counselors must be high school graduates.
- Directly responsible for all chanichim living in one’s assigned
cabin: day-to-day involvement with chanichim as individuals, imparting of
camp rules, policies and traditions. Help every chanichim make friends,
become acclimated to life at Camp, grow towards his or her potential, and become
part of the community.
- Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL chanichim at
- Act as "early-warning system" for chanichim with problems. Refer to
other staff when appropriate. Communicate with chanichim’s parents when
- Ensure chanichim exercise good hygiene and health practices. Notify
Nurse of problems.
- Help chanichim keep track of belongings.
- Directly responsible for cleanliness and good repair of the cabin.
- Participate regularly and enthusiastically in all Camp programs.
- Teach or assist in teaching electives and specialties. Plan and lead cabin
- Take an active role in evening program and integrating Jewish education into
- Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
- Be totally familiar with all emergency procedures and first aid.
- Whether as a leader, a role model, a mentor, a participant, or perhaps all
four at once; play a role in all aspects of camp life, actively seeking to bring
Judaism to life.
Supervisor: Unit Head