Feb. 26, 2009
w Training and experience commensurate with needs of waterfront activities (lifeguarding, canoe/kayak experience, etc). Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
w Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
w Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of presentation to chanichim.
w Must have current lifeguard certification.
· Lead and coordinate activities for all age groups, as assigned by the Waterfront Director, as scheduled for each unit. Maintain daily record of activity lesson plan.
· When assigned, plan and lead age-appropriate unit evening programs, incorporating your area(s) of expertise.
· Be available for cabin activities as requested by counselors.
· Prepare and lead Shabbat afternoon activities.
· Act as general resource for other Camp activities relating to your specialty.
· When time permits, participate in other Camp programming as is practical. Specialists should be with assigned units when they do not have direct programming responsibilities -- especially at meals, song sessions, services, and evening programs. Sitting with cabins and interacting with chanichim is a must.
· Exercise good judgment and safety consciousness at all times. Act as role-model for safety with chanichim.
· Directly responsible for most maintenance and upkeep of facilities and supplies necessary for assigned specialty.
· Attend in-camp training sessions and staff meetings as required.
This position is in cabin.
Supervisor: Waterfront Supervisor